Welcome to Computer Science
The Bryn Mawr College Computer Science environment encompasses four computer labs and numerous network facilities that serve the department's students and faculty. If you are taking a Computer Science class that requires a CS account, your professor will arrange to have one created for you. For more details, please contact systems at cs dot brynmawr dot edu. Please observe the following rules when working in the labs:
- Do not power off the lab computers.
- Do not disconnect lab computers from the network. The eduroam wireless network is available for personal machines.
- Lock the screen when leaving a computer unattended, and log out when finished using it.
- Please take care with food and drink around the lab computers.
- Home directories - where to store your files and what is available in the lab
- Classroom workstations - Computer Science workstations in the Park third floor classrooms
- CS Desktop - customize your environment
- SSH - use the Computer Science environment from anywhere
- Firefox - what to do if Firefox says it is already running
- Submit assignments - use the submit script to send and receive class projects
- VirtualBox - work with virtual machines provided by your instructor
- Java - Where to download
- Eclipse - Where to download
- ArchWiki - Questions about Linux? Check here first!